Ready to be Done with 2020? Not So Fast!
This has been a year.
A really difficult year for so many people.
It is a year that you may just want to be done with it.
Yet, if you were to just jump to 12/31/2020 and skip December. you would miss out on the gifts, and the gold that this year came to give you.
That gold can be the very energy to catapult you forward.
Also, if you just wash your hands of this year, you will have unresolved elements that will follow you into the new year and interfere with your ability to truly create the dynamic year you desire and deserve.
In this FB live video, I walk you through a process that I have used to really help me complete the year in an empowering, life-giving way.
Here is the 5 step process that walks you through my process to help you end this year well.
- Acknowledge the difficulty. Where are you denying any emotional pain? So often, you work so hard to stay positive that you actually do what is called a “spiritual bypass.” This is where you gloss over the human pain that can come with difficult situations. The pain is there. Unacknowledged, it just goes underground. In order for you to be able to move forward, you will need to give voice to the very real human emotions that come with times of difficulty and loss. You can do this by journaling, talking with a friend, writing a letter to the Universe, and burning it or all of the above. You don’t want to wallow in it but you don’t want to skip over it either.
- Claim the good! What good did you receive this year? In this step, you then shift your attention to the good that you experienced this year. List the gifts and gratitudes that you have gained over the past 12 months. This will help you see that there is good present in all things. It builds your ability to pay attention to the gifts that are here now and it keeps you from getting stuck in the pain and completely dismissing this year.
- Take stock of what you learned. What did you learn this year? What lessons did you gain and what strengths did you cultivate from this year? There have been so many lessons for all of us this year. You have shared with me all of the ways you have grown over the past 12 months. Write all of that down and really claim it for yourself. Notice where you can apply your new knowledge.
- Complete incompletions. What incompletions do you have? What is left undone, unsaid? Where are your loose ends? List those and put them on your calendar or let them go altogether so you can plug that energy leak. You have spoken and unspoken agreements with others and yourself. Take stock of those agreements. Which ones do you need to complete, renegotiate, or let go altogether? Every incompletion is actually an energy drain. The more you are able to bring completion to things, the more energy you will then be able to access to put to what really brings you alive.
- Forgive and ask to be forgiven. Who do you need to forgive and ask for forgiveness from? The last step in this process is to inventory those times you showed up less than your best self and see where you need to clean up your side of the street. It can be a simple, “I am sorry.” It can be a letter of acknowledgment or simply a change in behavior toward another. The second part of this step is to acknowledge those places in your heart where you still carry hurt so you can let it go and forgive those beings. You take back your power realizing that no one has the ability to diminish you without your permission. As you forgive another, you acknowledge our very human condition and let them go so you are free to move forward in a way that feels really good to you.
This is a powerful process to help you close this year in an empowering, life-giving way. As you do the ending of 2020 well, you free up your energy so you can put it toward the thing you really want a rich, dynamic 2021 year. This is what you truly deserve.
Share your thoughts in the comment section and in our community FB group, “Ultimate Life Now.”